Thursday, September 14, 2006

Kendall Harmon: Answers to Email Questions

September 14th, 2006 posted by kendall at 5:42 pm

I have been out of town for a few days and I have a slew of email and voice messages all asking the same two questions.

Q1: What do you think of what happened at the New York Meeting?

A1: No agreement is better than a bad agreement. I have the impression after talking to several of the participants, that there were frank and sometimes confrontational exchanges which reflected the depth of the chasm between the two ‘sides.’ Also, I believe that our province is in such a deeply fractured situation that we are unable to extricate ourselves from it. The outcome of the recent New York gathering demonstrates that truth.

Q2: Who are you going to vote for for Bishop of South Carolina on Saturday?

A2: I am not going to answer this question in public at present, out of concern that people are free to make up their own minds. I am happy to take questions about it however (indeed I have spent the bulk of the day taking queries about it), as I am privileged to know each of the three finalists. I plan on seeking to liveblog the results as I am able, although the ability to get a decent Internet connection at the location of the vote has been difficult in the past and will be in two days as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home