Saturday, September 16, 2006

South Carolina Election Roundup

September 16th, 2006 posted by admin at 5:51 pm

For readers just logging in this evening, here are all the links related to today’s election of a new bishop for the Diocese of SC. Clicking on the title takes you to the relevant Titusonenine thread. For news articles, we have also included the original source links:

Kendall’s Liveblog posts:

We are Live at Saint Philip’s in Charleston

We are Under Way

MARK LAWRENCE ELECTED — 1st ballot

Official Results: Ballot 1 South Carolina Election 16 September 2006

=========

News Articles:

Diocese of SC News Release: Mark Lawrence Elected Bishop of South Carolina September 16th
original source link

ENS: San Joaquin priest elected Episcopal bishop of South Carolina
original source link

The Living Church: San Joaquin Priest Elected Bishop of South Carolina
original source link

A Letter from Steve Wood

September 16th, 2006 posted by kendall at 5:43 pm

Dear Family and Friends,

Today, as you know, the Diocese of South Carolina met in special convention to elect the 14th bishop of this diocese. Mark Lawrence was elected on the first ballot. Please keep him in your prayers.

After the meeting I was asked by the press if I was disappointed. My immediate response was, “how can I be disappointed, I get to be the rector of St. Andrew’s!” I am deeply thankful for the love, support and encouragement you have shown Jacqui and me these past few months since I’ve been announced as a candidate.

I look forward to all that the Lord has for St Andrew’s. We are truly at an amazing point in our life together in the Lord. And, I remain humbled by the privilege of being your rector.

With much love in Jesus,

Steve

–The Rev. Steve Wood is rector, Saint Andrew’s, Mount Pleasant, South Carolina

This just shows what a class act Steve is–KSH.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home